How to make a complaint
- Complaints may be made in writing
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling our dedicated telephone number on 0161 505 0878
- By completing our complaints form
- Or in any other form in respect of the claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006
A - Acknowledgment
We aim to resolve any expression of dissatisfaction as soon as possible, where this is in done within 3 business days, we will not usually confirm acknowledgement of the compliant in writing.
If it takes us longer than 3 business days to resolve your complaint, we will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint for the business.
B - Investigation
Wherever possible, the person handling your complaint will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either:
- i. final response adequately addressing the complaint; or
- ii. a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
C - Our Decision
Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
- i. a final response adequately addressing the complaint and outlining your right to appeal with the Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO); or
ii. a response which:
- a) explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and
- b) informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO) if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
D - Appeals
If you are not satisfied with our decision regarding a complaint about us and you have allowed us the relevant timeframes
to respond to you, you can appeal this with the Claims Management Ombudsman (CMO) at:
Claims Management Ombudsman
0800 023 4567