Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Keyfacts
The Claims Services
1. Please note Claim Easy Limited (trading under the style of Claim Eazy) provides claims management services in connection with the pursuit of financial mis-selling type claims. The services Claim Eazy provides involves investigating and advising upon financial mis-selling claims and thereafter assisting in pursuing redress or compensation where appropriate.
2. In very brief terms, the following are the typical steps Claim Eazy would undertake in the course of providing claims management services: (a) obtaining initial instructions from the client as to all relevant circumstances giving rise to the claim; (b) assessing the information provided and advising the client as to the possibility of making a claim; (c) preparing the necessary documentation for a claim to be submitted to the relevant respondent; (d) engaging the respondent to the point of admission or rejection of the claim; (e) advising the client on outcome and procedural steps including (without limitation) as to settlement terms.
3. Claim Eazy considers that client co-operation is paramount in the claim process as it enhances the prospects of success. That so, the commitment Claim Eazy expects from clients is as follows: (a) providing information and instructions when requested and promptly; (b) completing paperwork; (c) co-operating with Claim Eazy at all times in the course of the claim process; and (d) not misleading Claim Eazy in any way.
How Claim Eazy Keeps its Clients Updated?
5. Throughout the claim process, Claim Eazy provides regular updates to the client of all material developments and a cumulative written update is provided on no less than 6 months intervals. Claim Eazy will communicate generally with the client via telephone, post, email & SMS messages and through its designated Client Hub where the client can check the status of the claim(s) and respond to enquiries at any time online.
Claim Eazy Fees
5. Once a client enters into a “No-Win No-Fee” with Claim Eazy pursuant to the Terms & Conditions, Claim Eazy would be entitled to charge a fee of 20% plus VAT (24%) of the gross amount of redress/compensation recovered on behalf of the client. The following is an illustration of the amount of the Claim Eazy fee in the event that the compensation or redressed recovered from the respondent amounts to:
Redress Recovered: £1,000.00 £3,000.00 £10,000.00 Claim Eazy Charge @ 24% including VAT: £240.00 £720.00 £2,400.00 Net Compensation to Client: £760.00 £2,280.00 £7,600.00
Important Note: If the redress recovered by Claim Eazy is used applied by the respondent towards arrears owed, the client remains liable to pay out of his/her own funds the fee chargeable by Claim Eazy.
The Right to Cancel
6. The client can cancel her/his agreement with Claim Eazy at any time within 14 days of a claim being submitted without giving any reason and without incurring any liability unless Claim Eazy receives an offer of compensation from the respondent within this period; in which case Claim Eazy’s fee will be due. The client can communicate cancellation of the Claim Eazy agreement by telephone, in writing, in person or can use the cancellation form accompanying the Claim Eazy Terms & Conditions.
The Right to Terminate
7. The client can terminate her/his agreement with Claim Eazy at any time after the 14 days cancellation period (as explained above). In this event, Claim Eazy will not charge the client a termination fee if the client terminates the agreement after the 14-day cancellation period in the event that a Letter of Complaint has not already been sent by Claim Eazy on behalf of the client to the relevant respondent. If this occurs, Claim Eazy’s fee will be due if the client ultimately receives an offer for compensation or redress from the relevant respondent.
Available Redress Schemes
9. The services rendered by Claim Eazy are not mandatory. Individual clients are not required to use Claim Eazy or any other claims management company. Client are perfectly entitled and able to pursue complaints or claims directly against the relevant respondent(s) for free. If the complaint or claim is rejected then the client may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, again at no cost at all. Instructing Claim Eazy is a client choice.
Packaged Bank Account (PBA) Keyfacts
CLAIM EASY LTD is a Claims Management Company (CMC) with a focus on financial mis-selling and financial irregularities. We help reclaim mis-sold Packaged Bank Account premiums.
What Happens Next
To keep the process as simple as possible we have used the information you provided to pre-populate your claim pack. However, please be aware that you will need to complete certain information regarding your Packaged Bank Account and sign all the relevant sections. Please check all documents & amend where necessary, if you need to make any changes to the Letter of Authority please sign & date next to your amendment, including previous names and addresses as this information is all part of your lender’s verification criteria. Please also ensure you complete the Additional Details form to the best of your recollection as this will form the basis of your mis-sale claim
Please provide an account number and sort code for each claim where possible. Return the documents in the freepost envelope provided.
Once received we will compile your claim(s) based on the information provided in your Claim Pack and submit them to your lender. This process can take up to 12 weeks to receive a response. In some case/s your lender may reject the claim and if the claim is still considered to be viable, we may escalate your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service, this will take considerably more time to complete. For more information please visit: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq
How We Keep You Updated
We will keep you updated throughout the entire claim process, by email, text, and letter. If you would like to check the progress of your claim, you can contact our dedicated customer service team by any of the following methods: Email email@example.com. Freephone 0808 146 7677 (Monday-Thursday 8:00-19:00, Friday 9:30-17:30) Freepost RTTE-RGAT-TCEA, Claim Eazy, Unit 1 Century Park, Pacific Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 5BJ.
Our Fee and Fee Illustration
Our standard Service Charge is 35% + VAT of any and all Gross compensation* received and this will be payable upon the conclusion of any Claim. Please see below possible examples of how that service charge could work. The fee illustration is not to be taken as an estimate of the amount likely to be recovered and the fee that you will have to pay if compensation is issued may be more or less than the amount shown in the illustration.
Example 1 All Compensation is 'Cash in hand' Gross Compensation* Received Statutory Interest 20% Tax Deduction Arrears Reduction by Lender Compensation Received by Customer Firms fee charged at 35% + VAT (42%) Consumer pays firm A £1,000.00 £500.00 £100.00 £0.00 £900.00 £420.00 £420.00 B £3,000.00 £1,200.00 £240.00 £0.00 £2,760.00 £1,260.00 £1,260.00 C £10,000.00 £4,000.00 £800.00 £0.00 £9,200.00 £4,200.00 £4,200.00
Example 2 Compensation includes 'Cash in hand' award with overdraft reduction Gross Compensation* Received Statutory Interest 20% Tax Deduction Loan Reduction by Lender Compensation Received by Customer Firms fee charged at 35% + VAT (42%) Consumer pays firm A £1,000.00 £500.00 £100.00 £500.00 £400.00 £420.00 £420.00 B £3,000.00 £1,200.00 £240.00 £1,000.00 £1,760.00 £1,260.00 £1,260.00 C £10,000.00 £4,000.00 £800.00 £5,000.00 £4,200.00 £4,200.00 £4,200.00
Example 3 Compensation is used to offset arrears consumer has on account Gross Compensation* Received Statutory Interest 20% Tax Deduction Loan Reduction by Lender Compensation Received by Customer Firms fee charged at 35% + VAT (42%) Consumer pays firm A £1,000.00 £500.00 £100.00 £900.00 £0.00 £420.00 £420.00 B £3,000.00 £1,200.00 £240.00 £2,760.00 £0.00 £1,260.00 £1,260.00 C £10,000.00 £4,000.00 £800.00 £9,200.00 £0.00 £4,200.00 £4,200.00
You should note that all compensation contains an element of statutory interest (currently 8%). All lenders are obliged to deduct 20% tax from the 8% compensatory interest included in any offer of settlement. Our Service Charge of 35% + VAT will be calculated on the Gross compensation received before the 20% tax deduction.
Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel this Contract at any time. You have the right to cancel this Contract within 14 days without giving any reason. To exercise the right to cancel you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement sent to our Cancellations department by any of the following methods by any of the following methods: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Freephone 0808 146 7677 (Monday-Thursday 8:00-19:00, Friday 9:30-17:30) Freepost RTTE-RGAT-TCEA, Claim Eazy, Unit 1 Century Park, Pacific Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 5BJ.
Complaints Handling Procedure
Should you have a complaint you can contact us by any of the following methods: Post: You can write to us at the following address: Head of Complaints, Freepost RTTE-RGAT-TCEA, Claim Eazy, Unit 1 Century Park, Pacific Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 5BJ. Email email@example.com Phone: 0161 505 0878. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days. We will try to resolve your complaint within 4 weeks. If we cannot resolve the matter within 4 weeks, we will give you a satisfactory explanation regarding the extra time required. Within 8 weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you a final response which will adequately address the complaint. If you are not satisfied with our final response, then please refer to our full complaints procedure which can be found on claimeazy.com/complaints-procedure.html or can be supplied on request. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman service you can contact them by any of the following methods: Post: Financial Ombudsman, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London , E14 9SR Phone: 0800 023 4567 Online: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. Please note Any complaint must be referred to the Financial Ombudsman service within 6 months of the date of our written final response.
Need to Know
You have the right to shop around and consider using the Financial Ombudsman Scheme independently or Citizen Advice Bureau or directly claim yourself to the Third Party for free. You should also consider, and tell us, if you have any other means of pursuing the Claim including using any legal expenses insurance.